After Letsencrypt, cann't access webserver


#1

Howdy all,

So now that that terribly generic title is out of the way.

The website is

As you can see I got the certificate installed correctly (ish) and it’s securing the webserver.

However, as you can see I am not actually able to access the site.

I am assuming I am missing a config file somewhere, so here is what I have so far.

The permissions on my webserver directory are recursive in the following manner:

www-data:www-data -rwxrwsr–

What else should I be looking at?

Thanks for any help you can provide.


#2

Removed personal information from post.


#3

The apache access log has the following error:

    • [16/May/2016:18:01:03 -0400] “GET / HTTP/1.1” 404 3896
    • [16/May/2016:18:01:13 -0400] “GET / HTTP/1.1” 404 824

access.log.1:
221.231.6.195 - - [16/May/2016:00:16:11 -0400] “OPTIONS / HTTP/1.1” 301 566 “-” "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)"
221.231.6.195 - - [16/May/2016:00:16:32 -0400] “GET /templets/default/style/dedecms.css HTTP/1.1” 301 572 “http://24.236.176.14:80” "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)"
74.91.17.181 - - [16/May/2016:02:50:19 -0400] “GET / HTTP/1.1” 301 507 “-” "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0)"
66.249.66.73 - - [16/May/2016:03:11:08 -0400] “GET / HTTP/1.1” 200 9295 “-” "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)"
66.249.66.98 - - [16/May/2016:03:47:58 -0400] “GET /forum/ HTTP/1.1” 200 2596 “-” "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)"
66.249.66.98 - - [16/May/2016:04:43:10 -0400] “GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.1” 301 566 “-” "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)"
66.249.66.98 - - [16/May/2016:04:43:10 -0400] “GET /forum HTTP/1.1” 301 577 “-” "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)"
69.30.202.226 - - [16/May/2016:05:12:28 -0400] “GET / HTTP/1.1” 301 495 “-” "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0)"
141.212.122.113 - - [16/May/2016:06:02:50 -0400] “GET /x HTTP/1.1” 400 0 “-” “Telesphoreo”

error.log:
[Mon May 16 06:25:06.296825 2016] [ssl:warn] [pid 28088] AH01909: 192.168.1.4:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Mon May 16 06:25:06.298539 2016] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 28088] AH00163: Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) OpenSSL/1.0.2g-fips configured – resuming normal operations
[Mon May 16 06:25:06.298557 2016] [core:notice] [pid 28088] AH00094: Command line: ‘/usr/sbin/apache2’


#4

OK!

So, fixed it myself. In crawling around my error logs I came across one I didn’t look in before.

It was complaining about some old redirects in the sites-available folder that were left over when I tested the gallery platform “Coppermine”.

I deleted the relevant files in “sites-available” and “sites-enabled” and now it works.

Always something ridiculous…


#5

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.