Add certificate to ec2 domain

Hi,
I’m trying to add a certificate to my ec2 instance using the default domain (see below). I selected zerossl.com as CA because my only purpose is to learn the business and I don’t want to invest money for now.
When I reach the verification step I didn’t manage to complete it. I tried both Email Verification and HTTP File Upload.
Using Email Verification, I don’t receive the email at my side, nothing at the mail.log. Emails from other sources (private laptop, Gmail) work.
Using HTTP File Upload, I download their txt file and upload it to my server. I checked it with my browser and with Postman and it works (getting the info) while their verification filed.

What do I miss?

10x

My domain is:
ec2-18-217-78-82.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws.com

My web server is (include version):
Nginx version: nginx/1.14.0 (Ubuntu)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS (on EC2)

1 Like

Hi @itaeps

if you use Zerossl, please ask Zerossl. This forum is the wrong place. Thanks!

2 Likes

Ok, sorry,

10x

################################

The real problem here is that the domain you specified is under amazonaws.com, which you don’t own or control and they won’t let you issue Let’s Encrypt certificates. You need to use your own custom domain or use amazons own certificate service.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.