Acme is omitting top-level-domain

Looking below at the output it shows that acme tries to connect to https://files.barlians instead of https://files.barlians.com.

My domain is: files.barlians.com

I ran this command:
letsencrypt certonly -a webroot --webroot-path=/var/www/html/t3-cms-v8.barlians.com -d files.barlians.com

It produced this output:

The following errors were reported by the server:

Domain: files.barlians.com
Type: connection
Detail: Fetching https://files.barlians/.well-known/acme-challenge/311ktTrQMLXfaGy1Y7nvEvg3WNwoVwDLbvBY-iBnWbg: Error getting
validation data

web server: nginx version: nginx/1.10.3 (Ubuntu)

operating system: Ubuntu Linux 16.04.1

using unmanaged VPS

I can login to a root shell on my machine.

Using latest webmin (version 1.870), but it’s not used for updating certificates. certificates I update by ssh-commandline.

Let’s Encrypt is just following the redirect of your server.

For example:

$ curl -i files.barlians.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/zzz
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Server: nginx
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 21:48:18 GMT
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 178
Connection: keep-alive
Location: https://files.barlians/.well-known/acme-challenge/zzz
3 Likes

DAMN, I thought already I discovered a miracle :wink:

Thanks a lot, I still discovered a few other domains I had to fix.
Is working now!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.