ACME-DNS For DNS-01 Challenges

Oh, I didn’t realize there was an active thread for ACME-DNS, thanks for starting it @Yannik !

I just pushed a Certbot authentication hook for acme-dns, and created a new thread for it: Acme-dns authentication hook for Certbot

5 Likes

This is great! My DNS provider (ClouDNS) does have an API and acme.sh supports it, I was just concerned about the API keys having too much power (since they can update any records for the entire DNS zone). Having a separate server that only handles the DNS-01 challenges feels a lot safer to me.

I just tried acme-dns and it works well! Wildcard certs work well too (via certbot 0.22.0 + ACMEv2 + acme-dns + the auth hook that @joohoi recently published).

It did take a while for me to work out exactly how to configure everything, so I started working on some enhancements to the documentation: https://github.com/joohoi/acme-dns/pull/64

2 Likes

Does this work with other servers and other Letsencrypt modules such as CertifyTheWeb for IIS?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.