Acme: Could not find resolver for: DNS-01

I’m using Caddy, which automatically uses Let’s Encrypt for certs. here’s the command I’m issuing and the output I’m getting. the problem seems to be with LE:

# /usr/local/bin/caddy -log stdout -agree=true -conf=/etc/caddy/Caddyfile -root=/var/tmp -email support@vertex.plus

Activating privacy features…2016/12/26 21:43:51 [INFO][www.vertex.plus] acme: Obtaining bundled SAN certificate
2016/12/26 21:43:51 [INFO][www.vertex.plus] acme: Could not find solver for: dns-01
2016/12/26 21:43:51 [INFO][www.vertex.plus] acme: Trying to solve TLS-SNI-01
2016/12/26 21:43:51 [www.vertex.plus] failed to get certificate: [www.vertex.plus] error presenting token: Could not start HTTPS server for challenge -> listen tcp :443: bind: address already in use

I’m not running anything on 443 but as is obvious from above the real problem seems to be of name resolution

what else can I try to make this work?

For caddy specific errors, you are probably better using the support side for caddy ( https://forum.caddyserver.com/ )

The error does seem to be that you have something already running on port 443 it may be worth running

netstat -tulpn | grep 443

to check if there is anything running on that port.

my bad, you’re right. caddy was already running on that port under a user account. I had checked the output of systemctl status and saw it was dead and figured it wasn’t running. thank you for helping me figure it out

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.